Tuesday 19 February 2013

Simply a treasure box

I am in LOVEEEEEE with this quilt. I love everything about it, the front, the back, the binding, the quilting, everything. I do wish I wouldn't take pictures on an overcast morning thought :).

 The colours are from the awesome line by V and Co Simply Color. A perfect line to work with. I followed the instructions from TracyJay Quilts. I made the blocks using charm squares rather then a layer cake. The quilt needed two patterned charm square packs and one white charm square pack with a tiny bit extra white bella solids to match (not enough for another charm pack).


The instructions were simple to follow if a little hard to find on the website. I quilted just around the outside blocks and I am so glad that I didn't do more than that. The quilt is so soft and fluffy and I haven't even washed it so I cant wait.


I wish my local quilt shop put the fabric details on the receipt as I have no idea what this fabric that I used for my backing is called. I love the little starfish and am so glad that I picked it rather than a solid. Now the binding is another story. I seriously spent about an hour auditioning fabrics for the binding and the ones that I loved were either pink (which I didn't want as I wanted the quilt to be more gender neutral, or a fabric that I didn't have enough of). The yellow was sitting right next to the sewing machine (and where I have my laptop for movies) the whole time and when I finally cracked it and started to download more of beauty and the beast there was the yellow sitting right next to me. GahHH!!! and it was perfect :)








3 comments:

  1. I love how your quilt turned out. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Wonderful colours and I love the overall effect.

    ReplyDelete