Friday 22 February 2013

Bow tie goodness

Yum yum yum I love a cute bow tie so when a friend of mine told me how much her son LOVES bow ties(funny story is that he loves to wear them as all the ladies make comments on how cute and handsome he looks:)) I had to give the Prudent baby tutorial that I had pinned to my pinterest a go.
I followed the instructions for the double fold tie. It was super easy to follow and once I started a production line time flew by. I caught up on Grimm (such a great show cant wait till it comes back from the short break) and next thing I knew I was up to the neck strap.
My friends son is 9 but weighs more then I do (not very hard as I'm a stick of a thing) so the first strap I made only just fit my neck, so back to the sewing machine to make a strap 15inches long. I didn't attached the bow to the strap so that trendy young man can swap the bows around whenever he feels like it (it also saved me a lot of money as in a rush I could only find the bow tie hardware from spotlight for $3). I'm so excited to hear what he thinks of them and I'm looking forward to making more. Next time I will add the little tabs to the sides to make it look more like a traditional tie but put clips on the back of the ties so they can just clip on.


No comments:

Post a Comment