Friday 14 September 2012

Hannahs quilt

Yehhhh!!!! Another quilt done and dusted and on to the next one.

This quilt is for my sister Hannah for all the times that I made her look at my fabric and bored her out of her brain :). She picked out blues and greys and said that she wanted a square kinda pattern and I knew the perfect pattern The Alice quilt by red pepper quilts. I added light blue after Hannah said she wanted something beachy and after seeing her new crib I knew the perfect fabric. The pattern is very easy to follow and when it reads that you only need basic experience they mean it. Everything is spelled out and so easy to follow (just make sure that you read through any pattern first or you will find that you are cutting things that should be cut :). I made a few changes to the pattern to make it the size that Nerd requested. Added two extra rows on both top and bottom as well as a extra band of the white on top and bottom. I also didn't cut each strip to the required size I just sewed the whole thing on then trimmed so that my squares would end up the perfect size.

The quilt measures 56.5 by 68.5 inches. The perfect size for Hannah and her hubby to snuggle under on the couch.



Mr Piggys, Oink Oink!!




I'm glad that I got some pictures of the quilt before I ironed it as I can really noticed the quilting and I love it!! :)


That picture would have to be my fav out of all of them, Maybe because its not so boring or maybe its because I had just washed it and hadn't ironed it yet.

Hope you love it Nerd!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment