Friday 20 July 2012

Half square triangle man quilt




Half square triangle man quilt

So yeh!!!!! I have finally finished the quilt top for Mr lamb&george. I am never going to do another half square triangle quilt again :). (Well I do have some completed left over squares so i'll be making a baby size quilt as well). It was painful to say the least but so worth it in the end.

Quilt top for half square triangle
I had trawled the web to find the easiest way to complete the patterns and the easiest tutorial to follow was over at psiquilt. Very easy to follow but never knew how much hard work it would be. I cut out 5' squares and after trimming back the completed half square triangle I ended up with 4 1'2' squares. Make sure that you keep the final measurements in mind or you will end up with not enough completed squares and have to make more.


I set up the fabric on my bed before i even started sewing the top so that i would know the exact pattern and the colours would flow.
I started out on the floor but once I saw my dog looking at it like it was a new bed I moved to the bed :)
I start on the back tonight. I don't want anything too busy who I can show off the quilting but I also don't want a blank slate so its boring. Off to trawl the web for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment