Sunday 18 November 2012

Wiksten Tank

So I haven't been around a lot because I have had so much on my plate (more on that later)
So I have bit the bullet and bought the Wiksten tank/dress pattern and for us$8.50 why wouldn't you? This pattern is so versatile, being able to add features such as a collar sleeves and embellishments. There is the option to either purchase the pattern or purchase the PDF, I purchased the pdf as I just couldn't wait to cut into the fabric and start in on it. It took about an hour to stick it all together, I then traced the xs out with baking paper, I did this as I wanted something that wouldn't rip easy and I could keep the original pattern with all the sizes stuck together so that if i wanted to make bigger sizes I wouldn't have to cut out the pattern again.


It was a super windy day so I had to get hubby to take the ones on me (I had to keep reminding him to take the picture of the shirt not me, I so need to get a tripod).
I had the same problem as a few people in blog land that the back of the tank gapped a lot at the back because of my curved shoulders
 

So I am going to make a few adjustments to the pattern to fit my wonky shoulders and it should be perfect. This top is still perfect to wear under a cardi (which I have already done to work) I cant wait to cut into more fabric and make a few more.


2 comments:

  1. Ohh what a nice fabric! I had the same problem with the back part, have a look at this tutorial, I think it's going to be useful! http://pinterest.com/pin/98234835592732986/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave it a try and it was great thanks :)

    ReplyDelete